Python is a popular high-level programming language created by Guido van Rossum in 1991. The first version (Version 1.0) was released on February 1991 and the latest version (Version 3.7.0) was released on June 2018. Python is special because of its two important design concepts which are code readability and simpler syntax. These two concepts make it one of the widely used languages for general purpose programming.Code readability means writing the code in a visually readable way, for example using white space in the place of braces. Simpler syntax means that Python needs fewer lines of code than all other programming languages. Python is available freely under the Python Software Foundation License. It is also available for all the major platforms such as Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Python is very popular and preferred by most companies and developers around the world. Some facts related to Python that are taken from the 2018 Developer Skills report by HackerRank website are listed below.
- Python is the most popular language across all the age groups except 55+ year old category of the Love-Hate index of HackerRank.
- Since python is the most widely used language to teach programming, close to 90% of the people below 24years love Python.
Python is used for numerous purposes both inside and outside of the software domain. Some of the major uses of Python are explained below:
- Python is used as a scripting language for creating web applications. For example, web frameworks like Django, Pylons, and Pyramid support developers to design and maintain complex applications.
- Python is embeddedin many graphic design products such as Abaqus, FreeCAD, 3ds Max, Blender, Lightwave, Maya, MotionBuilder, GIMP,Inkscape,Scorewriter, and Capella.
- Python is used to create highly functional Graphical User Interface (GUI). wxPython and PyQt are the popular python based GUI toolkits.
- Libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, graph-tool, and matplotlibenable Python to be used in scientific computing and data analytics.
- SageMath is a mathematical software that uses Python to perform mathematics including algebra, combinatorics, number theory, and calculus.
- Python has been used in manymachine learning projects. For example, scikit-learn is a Python library for machine learning and Orange is a programming tool for machine learning.
- Python is also used in natural language processing (NLP). The most popular library for NLP is Natural Language ToolKit (NLTK) which is written in Python.
- The developers of Raspberry Pi computer, world’s most popular single-board computers, has adopted Python as their main user-programming language.
- Python is also used in several video games such as Civilization IV, Battlefield 2, The Sims 4, Unity of Command, World of Tanks, and Disney’s Toontown Online.
- Python is also used to create some of the most popular and widely-used software applications such as BitTorrent, Ansible, Dropbox, Miro, OpenStack, and Wikidpad.
- Python is also used to teach programming in most of the schools and college in the US. Python is used to teach at both levels – intermediate and advanced.
This may just a tip of the iceberg which is the potential of Python. Even with this tip itself, you can achieve a lot in your software career. All you have to do is to learn Python from the most dedicated and qualified training institute that you can afford. All those people in Bangalore are lucky to have such a training institute in their vicinity (i.e.) Upshot technologies in BTM Layout, Bangalore. So, join there immediately and complete their Python training to be on the way to greatness and success.